How Can I Enable IDM in Opera?
Enable IDM In Opera Internet Download Manager, or IDM for short, is a shareware program that allows users to pass download links through it and then download them at accelerated speeds. It’s available for all major platforms including Windows, Mac and Linux.
In order to enable IDM in Opera it requires some manual tweaking on the user’s part. This article will show you how to do it.
Enabling IDM (Internet Download Manager) in Opera involves a few steps, but it’s a relatively straightforward process. Internet Download Manager is a popular third-party download manager that enhances download speeds and offers various features.
Step 1: Download and Install IDM
Before integrating IDM with Opera, make sure you have IDM installed on your system. If you haven’t installed IDM yet, visit the official IDM website (https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html) and download the latest version of the software. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Step 2: Check IDM Extension in Opera
Opera supports Chrome extensions, and IDM provides a Chrome extension that can be used in Opera as well. Here’s how to check if the IDM extension is already installed:
- Open Opera and navigate to the Opera Web Store (https://addons.opera.com/).
- In the search bar, type “Internet Download Manager” and press Enter.
- Look for the “IDM Integration Module” in the search results. If it’s already installed, you will see an option to “Install” or “Enable.” If not, proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Download IDM Extension for Opera
If the IDM Integration Module is not found, you can manually download and install the extension from the Chrome Web Store. Follow these steps:
- Open the Chrome Web Store in Opera by visiting the following URL: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions
- In the search bar, type “Internet Download Manager” and press Enter.
- Look for the “IDM Integration Module” in the search results.
- Click on the extension, and you will be redirected to its Chrome Web Store page.
- Click on the “Add to Opera” button to install the extension.
- A pop-up will appear confirming the installation. Click “Add Extension” to proceed.
Step 4: Enable IDM Extension in Opera
Once the IDM Integration Module is added to Opera, you need to enable it. Follow these steps:
- Click on the Opera menu icon in the top-left corner of the browser.
- Select “Extensions” from the menu.
- Find the “IDM Integration Module” in the list of extensions.
- Ensure that the toggle switch next to the extension is turned on, indicating that it is enabled.
Step 5: Configure IDM Settings
After enabling the IDM extension, you may need to configure some settings to ensure smooth integration. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open IDM by double-clicking its icon on the desktop or finding it in the system tray.
- In the IDM window, go to “Options” by clicking on the “Downloads” menu and selecting “Options.”
- In the Options window, go to the “General” tab.
- Check the box that says “Use advanced browser integration.”
- Click “OK” to save the changes.
Step 6: Test IDM Integration
To confirm that IDM is successfully integrated with Opera, try downloading a file from the internet. Follow these steps:
- Find a downloadable file on a website.
- Right-click on the download link.
- If IDM is integrated correctly, you should see the option “Download with IDM” in the context menu.
- Click on “Download with IDM,” and IDM will take over the download process.
If you encounter any issues during the process, consider the following troubleshooting tips:
- Ensure both Opera and IDM are updated to the latest versions.
- Check for conflicting extensions in Opera that might interfere with IDM.
- Restart both Opera and IDM after making changes to settings.
- If the IDM extension is not working, try reinstalling it.
- Visit the IDM support page (https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/support.html) for additional assistance.
By following these steps, you should be able to enable IDM in Opera and enjoy the benefits of faster and more efficient downloads.
IDM Integration Module is an Extension/addon that integrates your browser with Internet Download Manager (IDM). This addon allows you to send downloading jobs from your Opera browser to IDM, and then enable them using IDM’s toolbar button.
You must have IDM installed on your system in order to use this plugin. To do this, launch IDM and go to “Options” -> General. Here you must enable the option ‘Use advanced browser integration’ and tick the ‘Opera’ check box.
After you finish the IDM installation you must install our IDM integration module for Opera. You can do this by dragging the downloaded CRX file in the Opera GX extensions tab. This will open a new browser tab asking you to confirm the IDM integration. Once confirmed click on ‘Install’ to finish IDM integration for Opera GX gaming browser.
Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a popular 3rd party download management application. This program can dramatically increase your download speeds, resume them after network problems and even schedule your downloads for a later time. IDM has an extension for all major web browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and the new Chromium based Microsoft Edge Web Browser. This extension called IDM Integration Module can send downloading jobs to IDM and allow you to enable IDM using a toolbar button.
Sometime your web browser might upgrade to a new version and disable IDM Integration Module or it may have been removed by some software on your computer. If that happens then you’ll need to manually integrate IDM with your web browser. This article explains how to do that. There are also a few other things you can do to make IDM work faster and more efficiently. One of them is using Xtreme Download Manager, which offers the same features as IDM but also downloads torrents really fast.
IDM automatically integrates with major web browsers but some users encounter problems when it comes to Opera.
First of all, you need to make sure that IDM and Opera are updated to the latest version. To do so, open IDM and click on the “Help -> Check for updates” option.
To do this, you have to go to the Options-General IDM dialog box and enable the “Use advanced browser integration” option (arrow 1 on the image). Also, ensure that the option for Opera is ticked. Then, you have to click the “OK” button on the dialog box.
Although Internet Download Manager integrates automatically into some major browsers like Chrome and Firefox, Opera doesn’t always get integrated. There are some manual tweaks you need to make in order to integrate IDM into Opera.
First you need to ensure that your Opera browser and IDM are up-to-date. Check this by going to ‘Opera’ menu > ‘About Opera’ or ‘Help’->’Check for Updates’. Next you need to make sure that your Opera browser has ‘IDM Integration Module’ extension enabled. To do this find IDMGCExt and drag it to Opera Extension page.
After you have done the above steps you should be able to pass downloading jobs to IDM from Opera Toolbar button or by clicking on our extension icon in the browser. If you are unable to do this then maybe there is some conflict with our IDM integration. You should contact support to help you resolve this. Alternatively you can also try to uninstall the extension.