How To Enable Alexa Calling
Amazon’s enable alexa calling and messaging feature enables you to make and receive calls, as well as messaging between Echo devices, Amazon Alexa app for iOS and Android, and fire tablets. It is a pure way to communicate with family and friends. The best part? This feature is completely free to use, as it works with Wi-Fi on most Echo devices and Alexa apps.
Did you know that you can make hands-free calls with Alexa? In fact, you can also get calls through your Alexa device, or make emergency 911 calls again. Once you are able to make calls with Alexa, you will no longer need that old mobile phone sitting in your living room. Here’s how to make a call with Alexa.
A new way to connect with family and friends who have Echo devices in their home or Alexa app installed on iOS or Android device. The best part? This feature is completely free to use, as it works with Wi-Fi and mobile data, so you do not need to invest in a mobile chat system. Here’s what you need to know about it, including how to set up and start making calls or sending messages.
What is Alexa calling and messaging:
The enable alexa calling free feature was first introduced on the original Amazon Echo Show, but Amazon expanded this functionality to other Echo and Alexa devices, so it upgraded what we now call “Alexa calling” or “Alexa calling and messaging”. Works with compatible Echo devices, the Alexa app, and works with fire tablets.
You can not only make a call using the feature, but you can also leave a voicemail message or send a text-based message. The best thing about this feature is that it is free to use as it works with Wi-Fi (or mobile data on your phone), so you do not need to invest in a speech system.
How does Alexa calling work:
You need an Amazon account and an Alexa app on a device running Android 6.0 (or higher), iOS 11.0 (or higher), or an Android Fire tablet. Everything should be set up using the Alexa app, where you will find the Contact tab. Once you have set it up with the Alexa app, you will be able to use the service on all your Echo and Alexa devices, as long as it is unlocked on each device – which is the default.
You can sync the Alexa app with contacts on your smartphone and this will allow Alexa to dial phone numbers, which means you can call from Echo to mobile phones, for example. Alternatively, you can use Alexa to drive other Echo devices your contacts. If you do not sync your contacts, you can only use it to communicate with other Echo or Alexa devices you have signed in with – such as the intercom system.
Types of calls
You can make the following types of calls
- Alexa-to-Alexa Call Make and receive calls between compatible Echo devices (or the Amazon Alexa app, more on that below). You can access anyone on your mobile phone list who has a compatible Echo device and is registered for Alexa Calling.
- Mobile or landline phone calls You can call a number of mobile or landline numbers in the UK, US, Canada, and Mexico using a compatible Echo device, use Alexa to find support numbers stored in your mobile phone contacts, or, say the number you want. to call.
- Alexa app With the Amazon Alexa app on your Android or iOS smartphone (not available for tablet), you can make calls on mobile or landline numbers in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
- International calls You can make and receive international calls between compatible Echo devices and the Amazon Alexa app. Just make sure the contact you want to find is in a location that also supports Alexa Calling, has signed up for Alexa Calling and Messaging, and is on the contacts list in the Amazon Alexa app.
- Group calling You can set up caller groups in the Alexa app with up to seven people, so you can call those groups directly.
Set Up Calling And Messaging:
- Open the Alexa app.
- Open Contact.
- Verify your cell phone details, then grant permissions to call and send messages.
- Optional: Enter your mobile contact list when requested